Alignment with Mission
The Oxnard College Foundation Board of Directors considers funding requests which meet the Foundation’s mission.
The mission of the Oxnard College Foundation is to provide support to campus development, student scholarships, educational programs, and other college needs in order to promote the progressive and continuing advancement of Oxnard College, to further educational excellence and enable the college to serve as an exemplary multi-cultural community resource.
To be considered for funding, the completed Funding Request Form will be presented at an Oxnard College Foundation Full Board meeting. To do so, it must be approved according to the following steps.
- Complete the official Funding Request Form.
- Present the completed form to your designated Vice President for approval.
- The Vice President will review the request, and subsequently share it with the Oxnard College Executive Council for further review.
- The OC Executive Council will review the request to ensure it aligns with the College’s goals. Moreover, the Executive Council will determine if there are other institutional funds which could support the request.
- If approved by the Executive Council and signed by the Oxnard College President, the completed funding request will be eligible for Foundation board review.
- The application will be placed on the next OC Foundation Finance Committee agenda as an action item.
- If recommended by the Finance Committee, the application will be included as an action item at the next scheduled Oxnard College Executive Committee Meeting. The meeting will take place one week before the Full Board Meeting.
- If recommended by the Executive Committee, the application will be added as an action item for the next Full Board Meeting. It is encouraged that the author of the funding request attend the board meeting where the request is being considered.
- If the request is approved, the designated funds will need to be spent before the end of the fiscal year (June 30). The funds will not roll over into the next fiscal year.
- The department which received the funds must complete and submit an end of the fiscal year funding report to the OC Foundation to demonstrate how the funds were used to impact student success or community engagement.
Please note the following: